I love looking back at all the events that I participated in throughout the year. I wrote a separate post for each of the running events. You can find them under the 2012 archives.
As my kids are getting older, I am trying to get them involved in some of the local events. I love sharing my passion with them! And, this year my husband and I actually rode in 2 events together. Usually we have to play tag team, but with the support of family, we were able to get out together.
Here are the running events that I competed in:
- The first part of the year I worked on my 5k pace. These are the races I ran:
- Auburn’s Resolution Run – Jan.
- Sacramento Zoo Zoom – April
- Folsom’s Run with Nature – May
- Kaiser Permanente Women’s Fitness Festival – June
- Fab 40’s – July
- The second half of the year I trained for the marathon. In addition to the marathon, I was supposed to run a 1/2 marathon in the fall, but I ended up needing the time off.
Here are the events we participated in as a family:
- JDRF’s Walk to Cure Diabetes (2 mile walk). Natalia won the privilege of cutting the ribbon to start the event!
- Folsom Turkey Trot
Here are the cycling events I completed:
- Ride for a Cure……..American Diabetes Association…….my first 100k event. Thank you Wendy for riding with me!
- Cyclebration………100k. It was great riding with my hubby! Those hills were sure challenging!
- Edible Pedal …….Reno’s Rotary……….Another great ride with my hubby! The views were gorgeous!
I accomplished quite a bit and had a ton of fun doing it!